photo Menu1_zps0679bf32.png  photo Home-5_zpsbb1afa0c.png  photo About-12_zps1f2d03d6.png  photo Recipes-2_zps90dfcd61.png  photo Sponsor-9_zps8283cfc7.png  photo Contact-16_zpsedfcb947.png  photo Menu2-2_zps6cf714ee.png

December 6, 2012

Meg's Go-To Christmas Cookie Guide

That's right sistas... who's ready to bake?!
Christmas is by far my favorite time of the year (ask Adam to tell you about my 365 day countdown!), and baking delicious treats for friends/family is one of my favorite holiday activities.

Over the last several years I've gotten together with my cousins for a bake fest! We select 5-6 different treats to bake, and then split them all up so we can deliver quite the assortment to our peeps!

I also have a Christmas Cookie Exchange at work each year, so these recipes are complete homeruns! Between the annual party and cousin cookie bake off, I've received tons of sweet compliments (pun intended) and "I need your recipe" begs to ensure these ones are keepers!

I've linked all of my favorite tried-and-true recipes, so knock yourselves out!


{ My Favorite Holiday Cookie Recipes }

 

1) Raspberry & Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookie

These cookies are a crowd pleaser... especially with my future father-in-law and Adam. Those two just can't get enough of these delicious buttery cookies with a touch of sweetness in the middle. Classic and tasty, you can't go wrong.




2) Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookie

Yep, you read that right. Decadent chocolate chip cookies with the nutty flavor of lightly toasted coconut flakes. I make these cookies at least once a month by request. A perfect cookie to add variety to your cookie platter, office potluck, or a cozy night at home.




3) Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodle Cookies


I found this recipe in high school and I've never ever looked for another one. I have the world's most ridiculous love affair with cinnamon, and this recipe is THE recipe if you are a cinnamon addict like myself.

These cookies have lightly browned crispy edges, crinkle a little bit when baked, with perfect soft and chewy centers. Try these!! I am drooling right now just thinking about them...



4) Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cookies

This is a staple on my mom's Christmas baking agenda. For as long as I can remember, I've been the cup-presser-inner or the sprinkles engineer (got to make them look extra festive with holiday colored sugars!).

These are the first cookies gone at our Christmas Eve party, and heck... I can't believe they ever make it to the party at all!



5) Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies

Our neighbor down the street always made these and gave them to us as a part of her annual Christmas tin of goodies when we were growing up. They are messy, buttery, sugary balls of pure goodness, and definitely a holiday must have!


 

6) Buckeyes

These little melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter and chocolate candies are to die for. In fact every year that I've made these as a part of cousin baking time... I think we only end up with half a recipe.

I mean, we're all about quality control, so we would hate to give someone a less than desirable buckeye!

Taste testing to ensure great candy is a must. Sorry, but you have to. I know, I know... it's a terrible job, but somebody has to do it.




7) Chewy Gingerbread Men Cookies

Nothing brings Christmas to life like a little taste of ginger and spices! I first tried this recipe last year and fell in love. The perfect recipe for delicious, chewy gingerbread cutouts. They are so much fun to decorate and are a sure fired way to brighten up your holiday cookie plate!




8) The Illusive Chewy Sugar Cookie (My Easy Bar Version)

I wish I could say I've found my favorite recipe, but I have not. When it comes to sugar cookies, I prefer super chewy cookies and light fluffy frosting. When it comes to cutout sugar cookies, I have yet to find a recipe that allows for easy cookie cutting, but are soft/chewy.

Do you have one? Of so, pretty please send it my way!

However, I do love these sugar cookie bars! I think I may try making cutout cookies of these after they bake in fun holiday shapes. Then I can decorate them to bring to my office party or a cookie swap. Talk about fast and easy!


.:::.:::.:::.:::.:::.


So there you have it, folks! My top go-to holiday cookie recipes! I have made every single recipe and have been sticking to these ones over the years. You absolutely cannot go wrong.

Do you have a cookie favorite that didn't make the list? Leave me a comment with the recipe - I would love to try some new ones (as always)!


I'm also dying to try these new recipes ASAP:



What's your favorite holiday treat?



PS - Keep up with my on-going baking list on Pinterest right HERE!

PPS - Go visit my Meg Cooks page for more delicious cookies and recipes!

9 comments:

  1. Pinning this now! Thanks for all the delicious looking recipes. Now I'm wanting to eat dessert before lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just logged onto Pinterest and realized that when I followed you, it must have logged into my sister's account! Because there you were, and there was one of her friends right next to you. Whoops! Hope she's been enjoying your pins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I want all of these! especially the snickerdoodle, I'm also a huge fan of cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post today! I am ready for a weekend filled with cookie baking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't found a sugar cookie recipe that I love either. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that my favorites are still the pillsbury ones that you just roll out and bake. So fancy, right?? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I gained 5 lbs looking at this yumminess! :) I LOVE buckeyes and have never made them. I will try those out for our upcoming sweater party. I found you throug hte Sun Savy pledge page! random I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol Through the...Typos drive me banananas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, thank you tons for sharing these recipes! Those Buckeyes and mini peanut butter cup cookies are so making my list this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love thumbprint cookies, it was always one of my favorites to make with my mother. I'll have to try your snickerdoodle recipe, because I love cinnamon too!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE hearing from you guys! I read every single comment and always try to get back to each of you!
In order to do that, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. :)

How to enable your e-mail - BLOGGER ACCOUNTS:
To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.

Thanks for reading! You all are hands down the BEST! xo

01 09 10