photo Menu1_zps0679bf32.png  photo Home-5_zpsbb1afa0c.png  photo About-12_zps1f2d03d6.png  photo Recipes-2_zps90dfcd61.png  photo Sponsor-9_zps8283cfc7.png  photo Contact-16_zpsedfcb947.png  photo Menu2-2_zps6cf714ee.png

February 7, 2012

Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Buttercream

Always on the hunt for the best buttercream, I think I might have found a top contender with Magnolia Bakery's vanilla buttercream. The texture is light and fluffy, smooth on your tongue, with a delicious vanilla velvety taste... what a dream! Definitely a must try for cakes, cupcakes, sandwich cookies and anything your little heart desires.


Now, I'm a frosting lover, so it would be hard to find a frosting I don't like. Adam, on the other hand, is not... but he LOVED this recipe - I was completely shocked! So there you have it, folks. If I can convince the frosting despiser... you can convince anyone it's the world's best buttercream!


{ Magnolia Bakery's Vanilla Buttercream }

via: Martha Stewart






Ingredients:

- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened

- 6 to 8 cups confectioners' sugar

- 1/2 cup milk

- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Directions:

1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter, 4 cups sugar, milk, and vanilla.

2. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 3 to 5 minutes.

3. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating for about 2 minutes after each addition, until icing reaches desired consistency.

** You may not need to add all the sugar. I use approx. 6 - 6.5 cups. **

4. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.






Bon Appetit!


2 comments:

  1. Everyone is posting such yummy looking desserts today! I have to make this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for easy frosting recipes. Ding! Ding! Ding!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE hearing from you guys! I read every single comment and always try to get back to each of you!
In order to do that, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. :)

How to enable your e-mail - BLOGGER ACCOUNTS:
To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.

Thanks for reading! You all are hands down the BEST! xo

01 09 10