photo Menu1_zps0679bf32.png  photo Home-5_zpsbb1afa0c.png  photo About-12_zps1f2d03d6.png  photo Recipes-2_zps90dfcd61.png  photo Sponsor-9_zps8283cfc7.png  photo Contact-16_zpsedfcb947.png  photo Menu2-2_zps6cf714ee.png

January 3, 2012

Let's Get Real

Welcome to 2012, friends!
I hope you all are recovering nicely from such a wonderful whirlwind holiday season! It was absolutely wonderful, lots of great memories man, and fun had, but I am very happy and excited to welcome the new year!

This weekend was an absolute blast that went a little something like this...

.:: NYE ::.


homemade pizza + music videos + dancing + wine pong + midnight kiss
sleeping in + yummy cinnamon rolls + BRGR + settlers of catan
BF's parents house + oklahoma state victory!





...pretty epic weekend. I love getting to spend so much time with Adam. That boy makes me smile!

So naturally, now that the holidays have passed and the new year is here, it's resolution time for this girl. I need a swift kick to the pants, that's for sure!


.:: My 2012 Goals ::.


1) Be Prepared

I tend to be what one would call a "snoozer". I love that snooze button of mine. I once gave it up for lent and thought I was going to die. To die. True story. Needless to say, I can snooze in the morning as long as I have everything ready to go. No more morning chaos... it doesn't make for a happy Meg.


+ Lunches packed the night before
+ Healthy/fresh snacks prepared
+ Do laundry start to finish
(I'm really good at starting... not so good at finishing)
+ Pick out my outfit the night before
+ Have my work bag ready



2) Be Punctual

Work. Friend functions. Dates. Zumba class. Despite my terrible morning road rage, I can't seem to plow through cars to get to downtown. Perhaps I should follow goal #1 to be successful with goal #2? Brilliant. I vow to leave extra early and take pride in being calm and punctual.


3) Be Healthy

I'm telling you, MyFitnessPal is rapidly changing my life with free calorie tracking, health/diet assessment, and accountability. Join me! I've already weight, and I'm inspired daily by my healthy lifestyle living friends!

Now that the holidays are out of the way, I can really hunker down and focus! Try it out and be amazed too! You can friend me: LifeofMeg


4) Be Brave

Expressing how I feel. Trying something new. Letting selfish friends go. Do things that scare me. This year I am going to be brave and step outside of my comfort zone. I want to do things this year with passion, honesty, and courage.

One of my biggest Be Brave goals? I will run a half marathon in 2012.
No matter how hard training is, or how lazy I want to be, I will do it. I've set the date - October 20, 2012 - and I have the world's best running buddy... Adam. We can accomplish anything as long as we do it together.


5) Be Organized

Whether it's my office or my kitchen pantry, I know that messy craziness just stresses me out to the max. I know that I always sleep better when everything is in it's spot, things are well labeled, easy to find, and I have a plan. A few ideas that I'm excited to get started with...


+ closet re-do
+ lots of hooks to hang coats/scarves
+ weekly meal planning
+ storage and cabinet organization
+ work game plans and strategies



6) Be Love

Life is not about me. Life is not about me. I need to repeat that to myself in the mirror every morning. I need to open my eyes and see all of the broken people in this world. I have been so blessed, and there is no reason why I can't give more back. Be love and light to people in need.

Even the people around me everyday that could use just a hug or a smile. So often I get caught up in me and my day, that I fail to see how I can make the day a little brighter for others...

+ more handwritten notes
+ host get togethers
+ phone calls to long distance friends
+ random acts of kindness
+ baking treats for co-workers
+ listening when others need to talk
+ less road rage
+ selflessly love BF better
+ visit home more


.:::.:::.:::.:::.



What are your 2012 goals, my friends?!



13 comments:

  1. Great goals. #1 is an excellent idea-- I just love those extra 9 minutes the snooze button gives me (multiplied by however many times I hit it), but I always hate feeling rushed. Yet I do it every morning... Lol. If I had everything ready to go the night before, that would solve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great! I just want to print them off and keep them as if they were mine! I'm excited for your half marathon already--it's my bf's birthday so it's sure to be a good day!

    In other news, with your encouragement and after constantly seeing our fried Laura's success, I'm giving MyFitnessPal another go. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks friends!!

    @Katie - I hear ya girl! frantic mornings are terrible!

    @Abbey - Print them off, girl, and customize them! You got to start somewhere, right? Can't wait to see you on My Fitness Pal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously Catan! OMG, my SIL brought that when they came to visit a few weekends ago. That game is awesome :)
    These are all Great Goals - Good Luck Lady, You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What awesome and encouraging goals! I can't wait to hear how you conquer each day with them! If you want to run another half marathon, I've got a blogger meet up going to the seattle rock n roll half marathon on June 23rd! I'll be meeting Julie from tri-ing to be athletic, Megan from watch Mego run, Megan from on the road again, and Erica from this spartan will. We're all running the half, and it would be awesome if you wanted to join us, bf included!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What awesome and encouraging goals! I can't wait to hear how you conquer each day with them! If you want to run another half marathon, I've got a blogger meet up going to the seattle rock n roll half marathon on June 23rd! I'll be meeting Julie from tri-ing to be athletic, Megan from watch Mego run, Megan from on the road again, and Erica from this spartan will. We're all running the half, and it would be awesome if you wanted to join us, bf included!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally diggin' your goals, best of luck with that half marathon... you can do anything you set your mind to! {Gee, I'm so good at preaching that, but need to work on doing it myself:)}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I talked about my "resolutions" for 2012 on my post from today too. For some reason, I think it's a common theme on the blogosphere today. ;)

    I think my biggest resolution is to continue making resolutions in 2012. I so easily get stuck in the mindset of "waiting" and I don't want that to be the case this year. I also want to pursue relationships more than I have in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Favorite. Love every bit of this. All of your goals make me happy--so proud of your weight loss journey, too! Loving MyFitnessPal because I know you're there to hold me accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great list - love the variety!

    Happy New Year!

    xoxo,
    megs [at] Shine On

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great resolutions. I made quiet a few goals for 2012, but the main one is to live healthier! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the "be brave" part. I love that--that one can take a lifetime to perfect. Love it--be brave.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE hearing from you guys! I read every single comment and always try to get back to each of you!
In order to do that, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. :)

How to enable your e-mail - BLOGGER ACCOUNTS:
To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.

Thanks for reading! You all are hands down the BEST! xo

01 09 10